Aberdare Boys’ Grammar School
Final views of the former Further Education College, Cwmdare Road
from Dr Geoff Abbott
The last photographs of the former college during and after demolition in 2018.
The college was situated directly opposite the school, across Cwmdare Road.
The entrance drive to the college, May 2018
Demolition equipment parked in front of the old college, May 2018
The college with parking ground on the right, May 2018
From the entrance drive, 30 July 2018
Last one standing, 30 July 2018
General View, 30 July 2018
The old car park, 30 October 2018
View from the top of the site, 30 October 2018
View from the top of the site, 27 November 2018
Looking towards the Merthyr Mountain. First houses taking shape, 18 January 2020
Looking towards the Merthyr Mountain. Progress on the site, 2 March 2020 new
How it looked shortly after its opening in September 1954.
Student enrolment at that time for full and part-time courses was in the region
of 1000 to 1200.
(photo Glyn Davies)